GREEN TEAM APPLICATION
Let's stop climate change.
Together we can pedal the carbon dioxide away from the atmosphere.
BENEFACTOR IN YOUR POCKET
Together with the Finnish artificial intelligence and application developer Moprim, the Akilles Green Team has created the Green Team application, which enables every user to participate in the fight against climate change by pedaling, running or walking money on climate work and in carbon sinks - leaving the car at home.
The app automatically measures the kilometers cycled, walked or run and the employer pays a kilometer allowance. The money will be used for climate work by a trusted partner chosen by the Akilles Green Team and to support and develop the growth of young cyclists to the cycling profession.
We are moving from application design to practical implementation during the summer. We will also talk about our climate work partner later.
GREEN TEAM APPLICATION
Akilles Green Team has created together with a Finnish service developer, Moprim, A Green Team app that lets you pedal, run or you walk for money for the Finnish Association for Nature Conservation's and the Natural Heritage Foundation's climate work and to support the upcoming young racing cyclists.
The app automatically measures the distance you cycle, run, or walk, and your employer pays a compensation for every kilometre.
HOW IT IS DONE
1) The company enters into a Green Team agreement.
2) Staff members download the Green Team app from the app store and register with the code they receive on the company’s mileage account.
3) An application that detects different modes of movement automatically starts measuring the number of kilometers traveled. Miles run and walked are also taken into account.
4) The user of the application can monitor in real time the entire staff of the company as well as the number of kilometers they pedal / run / walk themselves.
5) The company pays the Akilles Green Team a mileage subsidy in a pre-agreed period. The support fee will be invested in carbon sinks through trusted partner and the Akilles Green Team will play its part in supporting young people’s cycling.
6) The staff receives information about the progress of the project through the application: “We have pedaled this month 178 euros for the climate and saved 145,000g of carbon dioxide. Nature thanks, the climate spins. ”
The company’s 50 employees have traveled three times a week for a year on a bike or on foot instead of a car. The average CO2 emission of a car is 135g / km, that of cycling 5g / km.
Distance: 50 x 10 x 150 = 75,000 km / year
By car: 10 125 000 g carbon dioxide / year
By bike / on foot: 375,000 g carbon dioxide / year
Result: The company's employees reduced
their combined yearly carbon footprint by
The majority of the funds raised is directed to the climate work of the Finnish Association for Nature Conservation and the Natural Heritage Foundation for protecting biodiversity and creating carbon sinks.
ABOUT THE APPLICATION
Lots of fascinating features, but really a couple of clicks
is enough and you are ready to start climate work
ABOUT THE USE OF THE
Here you will find detailed information on what your pedaled euro will be used for